Achieve your Goals in Spite of Challenges
You can be sure that at times life will be a twisting path of potholes around which you must navigate. You’ve likely been through phases of your life already where you wondered if your luck would ever change. Maybe things calmed down and the road became smoother but maybe it didn’t. If you stay focused you will get the results you want, no matter where your journey leads. The key, then, to living a fulfilled, satisfying life by achieving the goals that are most important to you is to keep your eye on your prize and keep going, no matter what.
Use these tips to continue moving forward, especially when life puts obstacles in your path.
- Know exactly what you’re after in life. What do you want your life to be like? When you’re sure, you can then plan your activities over the short and long term to help you achieve your goals.
- Keep your list of life goals short and to the point. Some good examples of life goals are: “Save 25% of my yearly earnings for kids’ education, vacations and retirement,” “Take budget-friendly vacations out of the country every 5 years,” and “Retire when I’m 67.”
- Infuse elements of achieving your goals into your everyday life. Let’s say one of your goals is to travel to Australia three years from now. Have a couple of books about Australia laying around the house, on your coffee table and nightstand. Listen to Australian talk radio shows via the web. Watch television shows about Aussie land.
- Make your life goals part of your everyday life so that even when life gets bumpy, you’ll be able to keep your eyes on what’s really important to you. After all, it will be right there in front of you.
- Talk positively to yourself. Although some kinds of talking to yourself might not be seen as healthy, it can be quite helpful to use positive self-talk. When you do, you’ll be more likely to keep working toward your goals in life. Say something like, “I’m in a rough patch but I can still keep saving for my retirement and my kids’ educations.”
- Other examples of positive self-talk are “I can get through this challenging phase just like I did before,” “As long as I keep moving forward, things are okay,” and “Life has in store many more wonderful adventures for me.”
- Using positive self-talk will keep your spirits buoyed when you feel like you’re floundering in choppy waters.
- Reflect on your efforts in order to reinforce them. Even though you may be struggling, think about what you accomplished just this week to achieve your goals. Maybe you made a couple of phone calls, explored the internet to gather information, or drew up a new budget to ensure you’re on target for saving for your life goals.
- The fact is you did something. And recognizing that will reinforce your efforts in your quest to achieve your goals. You can excel in times of great challenge.
Keep working toward accomplishing your goals even though life throws more than a few obstacles at you. Know what you’re after and stay focused. Make your life goals a part of your daily life and use positive self-talk. Acknowledge what you’ve done to keep moving forward.
Apply these strategies to help you consistently work to meet your life goals. If you do, you’ll accomplish whatever you want no matter what.
Take Purposeful Action
Achieve your Goals
Are you steadily moving towards your goals or do fail to take action? Do you self-sabotage your efforts to make personal change? Do you let challenges divert you?
What if you could:
- Get crystal clear on what is most important to you.
- Identify hidden obstacles and how to overcome them.
- Create a personal action plan for the direct route to your goal.
Schedule a Professional Transformation Session and discover how to achieve your goals with support every step of the way.
It's confidential and its FREE, so don’t wait any longer!